When her fifth-grade teacher hints that a series of lessons about home and community will culminate with one big answer about two tall towers once visible outside their classroom window, Dèja can't help but feel confused. She sets off on a journey of discovery, with new friends Ben and Sabeen by her side. But just as she gets closer to answering big questions about who she is, what America means, and how communities can grow (and heal), she uncovers new questions, too. Like, why does Pop get so angry when she brings up anything about the towers?
- 2017 CBC Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People
- 2017 Notable Books for a Global Society
If you are interested in learning more about the 9/11 tragedy, try the following books available in the TAHS library:
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: A Novel by Jonathan Safran Foer
- One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury
- The Red Bandana by Tom Rinaldi